MOFF conducted ‘Farmers’ Suicide Prevention Mission’
in these six districts from June 2006 to March 2008.
The Panchsutri (The five point formula) preached by MOFF has
been a phenomenal success. Reasonable livelihood to the small,
marginal & resource poor farming families is ensured by the five
point formula i.e. Panchsutri is as follows :-
1. Endeavour to change the mind-set of the families by effective counseling
2. No use of hybrid seeds, chemical fertilizers, pesticides & weedicides at all
3. Use of an indigenous cow & indigenous seeds
4. Use of livestock & mixed cropping patterns, by using Low cost, no loan O.F.
techniques, so as to control pests a diseases & last
but not the least
5. Processing & Marketing of the organic produce by the farmers at village level